Saturday, December 13, 2008

Crazy people

People outside Best Buy all night before Black Friday? People camping outside a movie theaters? People camping just to buy a DVD copy of the Dark Knight at midnight? I laugh at these people.

At the midnight release of Harry Potter 7, I took my brother to Barnes and Noble to stand in line. (Actually, one hour into the event and halfway through the line, we discovered that Hastings had the book without a line just down the street.) But that was only because he needed someone to take him there, not because I was that crazy. And when I spent a few hours in line for BYU vs Utah basketball game tickets, it was only to keep my friend company. That's all. Never mind that I also got tickets and waited in line just as long.

So on Thursday night into Friday morning, I spent quite a few hours trying to justify why I was in line. I was alone, so I can't really blame anyone else. I'm still not sure if I'm embarrassed or proud of myself.

Where:

Capitol Theatre, Salt Lake City

When: I left after a midnight Walmart run with my cousin. I got back the next morning at about 10am.

Who:

Approximate attendance

My appearance:

My iPod and book were photoshopped out.

Appropriate appearance for such an excursion in December:



Net cash flow: -$596.00

The Goods:


The line was nearly four blocks long at one point. There was a lot of nervous laughter as the 5AMers showed up and realized that they might not be getting tickets after all.

No comments: