Thursday, December 18, 2008

Personality Test

I'm done with finals and rather bored, so I wasted my time by taking a facebook personality quiz. It consisted of 100 statements that I could rate on the "Strongly agree" to "Strongly disagree" scale. The statements went something like this:
  • "I have a vivid imagination."
  • "I talk to lots of people at parties."
  • "I'm incredibly mean to everyone."
Then you are given numbers in five personality categories: openness, conscientiousness, extraversion, agreeableness, and neuroticism. Apparently I'm very open, conscientious and agreeable, moderately extraverted, and not much of a neurotic.

In high school a similar test gave me compatibility rankings for various careers. I think one of my better matches was mortician. I've never trusted these things at all. So when I finished, I was rather surprised to see what it thought my college major should be:

What's with the purple anyway?
Suprisingly:
  1. Out of 60 majors, it got mine perfectly.
  2. My personal next best fit? Not decide on any particular major at all.
  3. Computer engineers and general studiesers have extremely similar personalities. Supposedly.
Surprises 2 and 3 support my old "Personality tests are rubbish!" feelings. At the same time, those feelings seem entirely discredited by surprise 1. I'm not really sure what to think.

Oh yeah. Apparently I wouldn't do well in cosmetology.

No comments: